Dumplings recipe for dinner is delicious! After you learn the basic skill of making dumplings, you can make so many kinds of dumplings by choosing different fillers. You will love it when you try it!
Time: 30-60 minutes Serve: 4-8
5 oz. semi-fat pork or ground pork.
7 oz. chives
4-5 scallion (green onion)
1 lb. of all-purpose flour or dumpling skins from a market
1 tsp. salt,
1 tsp. black pepper,
1 tsp. brown sugar
3 slices of ginger,
1 tsp peanut oil or a few drops of sesame oil,
2 tsp. soy sauce,
1 tsp. cooking wine
1/4 tsp star aniseed powder
- Use 1 lb. flour and warm water to make dough: Put the 3 cups flour, around 1 pound into a container, add warm water 1 cup slowly while stirring in one direction with a whip, or chopsticks or mixer. Then use hand to knead it into dough, cover with plastic wrap or a lid, and let it sit there for about 15 minutes.
- Chop pork into minced meat, cut chives, scallion, ginger and garlic into small pieces, and put in different plates. Put the chopped pork in a container, add ½ tsp. of salt, soy sauce, pepper, ginger, a little peanut oil, (a few drops of sesame oil), and then mix well.Put chives in another container, add a few drops of sesame oil or olive oil, and add ½ tsp. salt, mixed well. Then pour the chives from this container into the container of the pork with others. Mix it well.
- Make dumpling skins: knead the dough well, and roll it, and then cut it into 4 parts, and take one part of the dough, roll it into a long cylinder, and cut it into a small pieces.
- Roll each of them to be dumpling skins.
- Make dumplings: put ½-1 tbs. filler into dumpling skin and cover the filler and pinch well, and sit the raw dumping into a plate.
- Mixed flour water: Mix 1 tbs. flour power with 1/2 cup of water, stand by for using.
9. Put pan on high heat, put a tbs. olive oil, and put raw dumplings in the pan, to be sure need some spaces between each of them.
10. Pour the mixed flour water (option), into the pan and cover with a lid for 5-6 minutes. Check it until the water in the pan was dry.
11. Turn over the dumplings and fry 1-2 minutes.
12. Take out the dumplings for serve.