Veggie Dumplings recipe is one of our healthy dinner recipes . The main ingredients are sweet potato noodles and chive, with some additional seasoning. Veggie Dumplings are very healthy and delicious, especially for vegetarians!
Time: 30-60 minutes Serve: 3-4
3-5 oz. sweet potato noodles
7 oz. chives
4-5 scallion (green onion)
1 lb. of all-purpose flour or dumpling skins from a market
1 tsp. salt,
1 tsp. black pepper,
1 tsp. brown sugar
3 slices of ginger,
1 tsp peanut oil or a few drops of sesame oil,
2 tsp. soy sauce,
1 tsp. cooking wine
1/4 tsp star aniseed powder
- Use 1 lb. flour and warm water to make dough: Put the 3 cups flour, around 1 lb. into a container, add warm water 1 cup slowly while stirring in one direction with a whip, or chopsticks or a mixer. Then use hand to knead it into dough, cover with plastic wrap or a lid, and let it sit there for about 15 -20 minutes.
- main veggie filler ingredients are chive and sweet potato noodles.
- Put the dry sweet potato noodles into warm or hot water for 5 minutes, let it soften a little.
- Put it into boiling water to boil about 1 minute, and then take it out from the pot and drain the water out. Cut the sweet potato noodles into small pieces.
- Put the pan with medium heat, add 1 tbs. olive oil, then add garlic, ginger, stir it 1/2 minute; add sweet potato noodles into the pan to stir fry for about a minute; add soy sauce, add ½ tsp. of salt, pepper, 1 tsp. brown sugar, 1 tsp. cooking wine and then mix well; stir all of them to fry for about 2 minutes. Take it out and let it cool for about 3 minutes.
- Cut chive, scallion, ginger and garlic into small pieces, and put chive in another container, add a few drops of sesame oil or olive oil, and add ½ tsp. salt, mixed well. Then pour the chives from this container into the container of the cooked sweet potato, then mix it well.
- Make dumpling skins: knead the dough well, and roll it, and then cut it into 4 parts, and take one part of the dough, roll it into a long cylinder, and cut it into small pieces.
- Roll each of them to be dumpling skins.
- Make dumplings: put ½-1 tbs. filler into dumpling skin and cover the filler and pinch well, and sit the raw dumping into a plate.
7. Put a pot on the stove, fill 2/3 full of water in the pot with high heat. After the water is boiled, put the raw dumplings in the pot, cover with lid. After the water with dumpling is boiled, add 1/3 cup of cold water to the boiled water, let it boil again, and repeat the process three times to pick up the floating dumplings.
8. Cooked Dumplings in the plate.
9. Preparing dumpling sauce: put some vinegar, chili sauce, soy sauce and a few drops of sesame oil into a small bowl, mix them thoroughly.
12. Take out the dumplings to serve.