Cooking sweet potato leaves is an easy healthy food recipe. Sweet potatoes have been regarded as healthy food, but sweet potato leaves were usually discarded. Sweet potato leaves have been found to be rich in nutrition, such as, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium and Manganese, Niacin, Calcium and Iron, Dietary Fiber, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Thiamine, Riboflavin, Vitamin B6, Folate, protein. It is great for people health.
Time: 10 minutes serve 1-2
12-14 oz. sweet potato leaves,
1-2 sweet pepper or hot pepper (option)
2-3 garlic cloves,
3 tbs. of oil,
½ tsp. Salt,
1 tbs. rice wine,
1 tbs. soy sauce
1/2 cup of fresh soup (like chicken soup or hot water)
1 tbs. Sesame oil the amount.
1 Green onion
- The sweet potato leaves washed, put into the boiling water pot for 1-2 minutes, take out and flush with cold water, and cut into sections.
- Peel and crush the garlic, cut sweet peppers, green onions to be sections, cut green onion.
- With a wok on medium heat, add the olive oil into the wok, put the garlic, sweet peppers or hot peppers, stir a half minutes, add sweet potato leaves stir fry, add fresh soup, salt, rice wine, sesame oil, sprinkle the rest of the garlic mix well Serve.
- Sweet potatoe leaves can eat alone as healthy food, especially people who want to lose weight. Also, it can be eaten with cooked meats, rice, bread, buns, corn.
- Sweet potato leaves can be cooked a few different ways, such as, steamed sweet potato leaves, sweet potato soup, sweet potato leaf cakes.