Steamed Baozi (modified Steamed dumpling) is an easy cooking recipe, it is usually popular in middle of china, such like Beijing, Xian, Luoyang, Tianjin. This is a modified Steamed Dumpling or bun with filler.
Dough preparation (5 minutes+15 minutes)
½ lb. all-purpose flour powder
1 tbs. yeast
Put a ½-1 cup of water to mix to be a dough, cover it and stand by for 10-15 minutes until raises
2. Filler preparation
Refer fired ground port with zucchinis 15 minutes
If you can prepare earlier, it will save time.
3. Make Raw Baozi Direction
- Roll the dough for a few time and roll the dough to a long cylinder, and cut to see if it raise well.
- Cut the dough to 20 to 24 or use half of the dough, cut to 10-12.
- Use rolling pin to roll dough pieces to round and flat shape.
- Take a dough into your hand and put a spoon full of filler on the dough
- Pinch it around (see video)
4. Cooking Steamed Baozi Direction
- Fill water into a steamer in half full and put on stove with high heat until boiling, Also you can use electric steamer or rice cooker with half full.
- Put raw baozi into the steamer, see picture. Cover with lid. Steam for 18 minutes and turn off the heat. Let it sit for 5 minutes before open the lid.
- Take out baozi for serve.